Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Haiti Trip - Days 7 & 8

Monday - March 14th

TODAY WAS MY OFFICIAL 1 YR ANNIVERSARY OF BEING SYMPTOM FREE OF MS!!!!!  I PRAISE GOD FOR THE MIRACLE OF EACH AND EVERY DAY OF THE LAST YR (and the 30+ yrs prior to that too of course).

The kids from Heather's Home went back to school today from their week off.  It made it very quite around the house and there was a lot of time to do "nothing."

I spent a lot of today reflecting .... every time I'd look at the clock I'd think "oh, I was doing .... at this time last March 14th."  My mind was anywhere but in Haiti today.  All I could think about was March 14th, 2010 and how I will NEVER forget that date!!  Thank you, Lord!


Tuesday - March 15th

We decided to go sightseeing today to see the view of Haiti from the top of a very large mountain!!

About 3 hrs into our trip the van we were driving decided it couldn't make it any further up the hill so we had to park it in some lady's driveway and wait for a 2nd rental vehicle to come pick us up and take us the rest of the way up the hill.


Our leader, Rev John Earley & our translator, Makin waiting by the "broken down" van.

So, after the new van arrived we all piled in and drove another 1 1/2 hrs to about 1.5 mi from the very top of the mountain.  That's as far up as this van could go safetly.  So, the men of the group and I all decided to hike up another .25 mi of the mountain to get a view for pictures because where the van stopped was all tree covered and you couldn't see anything.

That .25 mi was VERY steep and rugged terrain!!  But, since I was healed a yr. prior to I had no trouble!!  =)



So, after 4 hrs we finally made it up here to see this gorgeous view!  And I wouldn't trade 1 min in the hot 12 passenger van with 13 OTHER people for anything!

On the way back home we found a rare delicasy in Haiti and stopped for a snack ..... DOMINO'S!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment