Monday, March 21, 2011

Haiti Trip - Days 4 & 5

 


Friday - March 11th --
     Today I stayed at Heather's Home with the children while the rest of the team took a 12 hr. trip to visit the YWAM (youth with a mission) facility in Haiti.

     I had a GREAT day just loving on all 10 children all by myself.  We sang songs, I taught them "chubba" (for those of you who've never seen my "chubba" just ask the next time you see me), I painted their faces, we took pictures ...... it was a blast!!  It made me miss Emily something fierce though. 

     I was also able to rest and spend a lot of time with God today.  I got ahead in my Old Testament Quest reading and just throughouly enjoyed my day "alone."


Saturday - March 12th --
     Today was a great "break" for all of us!  We drove to a Haitian Beach Resort and spent the day relaxing in the sun, playing beach volleyball, scubba diving and (some of us) drinking non-alcoholic pina colada's!!  =)
    
     I got A LOT of souveniers this day ..... including 2 very large, gorgeous shells.  My husband and I kinda of collect them ..... especially the big ones since some are worth a lot of money!!




The best part about today was watching the sunset over the ocean --- absolutely amazing!!


    
     On our way back to Heather's Home we were driving by a huge mountain and all of a sudden we could see that the top of it was on fire!  That was a gorgeous sight but also knowing that something was ON FIRE made it scary.

     As soon as we got back to Heather's Home we were mobbed by the 10 beautiful brown-haired loves!!!  =)  That was always the best part about going anywhere ...... the coming home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment