Saturday, January 8, 2011

WOW!

Talk about a whirlwind.  After Emily was born Don & I completely forgot everything we used to talk about before she came along .... why does that happen?  Our whole world revolved around her, not saying that was a bad thing.

One of my most favorite times with Emily as an infant would be when she fell asleep on my chest.  I could stay there for hours, and often times did!  It was so surreal to realize that I was now a Mother!  Sometimes I still catch myself not believing that I have been given this role by God, to nurture HIS child while I have her here on Earth.

For the first 6 weeks Emily slept in our bed at night.  I still remember the very first time she slept all the way through the night ... it was a Saturday night and I woke up around 7 Sunday morning and realized that she hadn't been awake since 10 or 11 the night before.  That completely amazed me being as she was still so young, I didn't think that was possible but oh I was so glad!

It was also during those first 6 weeks that Emily experienced colic!  However, if I had been told that nursing infants eat whatever Mama eats then I would have kept the pepperonci's off my salads -- as I was eating big salads a couple times a day to lose weight.  =/  My poor little pumpkin was eating hot peppers!!  Once I realized (after someone told me) what I was doing I 86ed the pepperonci's from my salads .... no more colic .... WOW! 

After 6 weeks Emily was also taken out of our DOUBLE bed and made to sleep in her own crib at night.  That took several nights of getting her to lay in her crib without crying.  The first night she cried for 3-4 hrs with intermitant soothing and calming and then laying her back in there.  The second night was a little better and by the third or forth night it was a no longer a problem.

Stayed tuned ......

No comments:

Post a Comment