Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Next Three Years

So, there we were ..... newlyweds.  Don worked at Pathways, Inc. as one of their head maintenance men and I was a registered DayCare provider.  I cared for 7 children ages 6 wks - 12 yrs inside our little 2 bdrm apt. on Oak St. 

Life went along as "normal" life does.  We had an adventure living in Tennessee for 14 months ... Don worked with some of his family down there while I mostly stayed home but at one point had a job as a shift manager at an Arby's -- woohoo!!

We came back to NY in March of 2002 and rented my parent's basement apt. while we searched for a home in Elmira where Don was working for another family member.

We had saved up quite a little nest egg in a matter of months and we were ready to buy.  God had a different plan, however.  We were told to give that money to a ministry in need.  So, we did. 

A couple weeks after giving God that money we found out that we were expecting our little miracle baby - Emily Rose.

Within a month of giving that money we were in our new house .... with no down payment and no closing costs!!!!  GOD WAS GOOD, still is!

We worked tirelessly for the next 7-8 months fixing up the Franklin St. house to make it liveable before Emily arrived! 

Don sprang a suprise on me in the Spring of 2003 .... he had decided to go to Africa on a mission's trip from July 17 - Aug 3 ... um, did he forget I was pregnant and due Aug 12th?  What was I suppose to do .... stay home and knit?  =)

So, off to my Mom's I went for 2 wks. while Don went to Africa.  I layed around and did nothing for 2 wks except attend my 2 baby showers, take my nieces to lunch and wait for Emily to show up!!  Oh, and email Don -- did you know they had email in Africa?  That was a pleasant suprise when I heard from him the first time!!!

On Aug 3rd I went with other people from The Love Church to pick up the Africa team and suprised Don at the airport -- it was great to see him again.  We both cried and held each other for what seemed like a lifetime!!  He couldn't believe how big my tummy had gotten!

For the next 2 wks. we waited ... and waited .... and waited .....

No comments:

Post a Comment